An interesting feature in this church with an otherwise demure appearance is that it has what appear to be two stone ‘kneelers’ in front of each of the windows flanking the main door.
Originally, the chapel of this site was dedicated to our Lady of Victories. It was originally built in 1658.
The Church Today
The church has recently been restored and exposed more the simple architecture of this temple; a stone crucifix on the main door, round arches on the ceiling and a stone altar.
Continuing on Triq Hagar Qim onto Misrah l-Maqluba, we emerge onto this opening with the chruch and parvis of St. Matthew in an area known as tal-Maqluba because of a sink hole behind the Church of St. Matthew.